Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Klockan
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP-katalysor imported MX5 miata fel besiktning

thanks again for all your help with the previous posts. I have now had my registration besiktning and unfortunately the car failed...big time. Everything was fine with the car until the inspector told me that it needed a cat (katalysator). The car is a 1990 model and in the UK (where the car came from-although the eunos was originally imported from japan)pre 1992 cars are allowed to have their cats removed. Anyway the inspector also kindly informed me that the car was too loud (which is probably true) and that the PPM and lambda were both too high. I wrongly assumed that i could sort this out with a quick trip to bilteema (to get their standard cat) and a little welding. However, on checking out the emissions i now find that although the car is rather quiet (but still reasonably quick) and of course now has a cat, the PPM and lambda are still too high. Does sweden have a rule similar to the UK. The inspector said that if the car was manufactured with a cat is must have a cat (i think it probably was). Also any clues on how to lower lambda and PPM. The car is fitted with special exhaust manifolds and a KandN air filter system-if i have to mess with these I will be very very sad!!!.
    thanking everyone in anticipation of any response
    Tim

Up again..

Anyone?...
    Jobbåka: Mercedes GLC 300d AMG, - 21
    Retrosport: SAAB Sonett V4-68 #950, US-spec, Sonett Blue..
    Blårökåka: SAAB 96 GT750, -60, Pärlgrå trubbnos i originalskick..
    Cabbe: SAAB 900s classic - 94 Lågmilare I nyskick från USA.
    Kombi: SAAB 95 B Deluxe - 64, en ägare. Rostfri Norrlandsbil.
    Vinter: SAAB 96 V4 - 75b. Retro rally för bilorientering.

Comment

Ursprungligen postat av Peter Sandström Visa inlägg
      Anyone?...
      Är det avgasvärdena som ska ner så kan det funka med ett par liter K-sprit till en relativt tom tank.....

Eller.....?

Comment

From 1988 all cars must have the converter exept homemade "kitcars" and some other cases! Import within the EU must have the converter etc..

My NA has a header with the oxygen-sensor moved aprox 300mm downwards, and as the sensor is a none heated its important that the car is really hot when testing the fumes.. If they test it indoors it will fail and therefore they always take my car for a hard drive and messure it directly then outdoors..

Have you made an oilservice lately? New oil and plugs can make different, and it might help with 25% ethanol or E85 mixed with the fuel!

Also, your oxygen-sensor could be broken, or there is a leakage on the exhaust near the converter/sensor..

If you register on the forum at Miata.net you will also find lots of reading when using their search-engine...

This is a discussion forum for Mazda MX-5 Miata owners and enthusiasts. For more info, see http://www.miata.net/
        Last edited by Peter Sandström; 2009-08-18, 22:25.
        Jobbåka: Mercedes GLC 300d AMG, - 21
        Retrosport: SAAB Sonett V4-68 #950, US-spec, Sonett Blue..
        Blårökåka: SAAB 96 GT750, -60, Pärlgrå trubbnos i originalskick..
        Cabbe: SAAB 900s classic - 94 Lågmilare I nyskick från USA.
        Kombi: SAAB 95 B Deluxe - 64, en ägare. Rostfri Norrlandsbil.
        Vinter: SAAB 96 V4 - 75b. Retro rally för bilorientering.

Comment

mx5 import end of the line!

Hi all....thanks to all your responses in the past . I have had the car at motor city Svedala and they were very helpful. A new cat has gone on-but i was not happy with the performance, then a new oxygen sensor and a tune up -still much worse performance than before.... then today it went for the afterkontroll and failed again (As expected all fine at idle but a disaster at 2500rpm). Also last week i got to drive a similar se mx5 and realised that this car is begging for performance modification. I have now given up and will take the car back to the UK, strip it of the cat and all the other strangling mods that motor city have used to help me pass the besiktning (i cannot thanks these guys enough for trying and can recommend them..if i am allowed to on this website). My guess is that the airflow meter has been messed with because the car runs fine although with lacklustre performance. I will sell it on in the UK and i am sure the new owner will be delighted-I understand the need to reduce emissions for the envoironment so must hold my hands up and surrender. Its a shame-there is an amazing car waiting to be released under the bonnet of the MX5.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Ta bort  
          x
          eller Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
          x
          x
          Avancerade alternativ
          Rendering Options

Vad får du om du tar 3 från sju?

Working...
          X