X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Klockan
  • Show
Clear All

• mazda eunos kerb weight

Hi
    please forgive me for not speaking Swedish. I now live in sweden and i have just bought a 1990 eunos mx5 roadster from the UK. I have just been though the ursprungskontroll for the car and have my registration besiktning next friday. One question i have been asked by bilprovningen is the total weight of the car and according to bilprovningen. se i need to find some documentation to prove the weight. When I look at the car id plates there is no on indication of the weight just the vehicle identifiction number (most of it is in japanese of course). Does anybody know of a official source i can use to prove the weight of the car. The value I have found for the 1990 model is 980kg which is what i have told bilprovningen. I Hope you can help and i look forward to joining the club assuming that i can get through the besiktning.I cant wait to drive the MX5 (sorry cant use the american name!!!) on those beautiful Swedish country roads.
    best regards

Tim (Marieholm Skane)

My MX-5 from 1991 should have the same weight as your car. The 980 kg you refer to is probably an emtpty car without fluids. I have following data on my car with registrationnumber GXS487.

Tjänstevikt/skattevikt: 1080 kg
    Totalvikt:1190
    Max lastvikt: 110 kg

Explanations:

Tjänstevikt: This is the running weight (curbweight?) of the car with fluids and a 75 kg driver!

Totalvikt: This is "Tjänstevikt + the weigth that the car can be loaded with*!

example: *max lastvikt= 1 passenger/80 kg + 30 kg luggage

Here you can find more data if you know the registrationnumber of a 1990 MX-5.. (Only in Swedish..)

Last edited by Peter Sandström; 2009-08-07, 20:01.
    Jobbåka: Mercedes GLC 300d AMG, - 21
    Retrosport: SAAB Sonett V4-68 #950, US-spec, Sonett Blue..
    Blårökåka: SAAB 96 GT750, -60, Pärlgrå trubbnos i originalskick..
    Cabbe: SAAB 900s classic - 94 Lågmilare I nyskick från USA.
    Kombi: SAAB 95 B Deluxe - 64, en ägare. Rostfri Norrlandsbil.
    Vinter: SAAB 96 V4 - 75b. Retro rally för bilorientering.

Comment

kerb weight on mazda mx5 eunos import

Hi Peter thank you very much for that it was really helpful. As you say, i will have to try and find a 1990 model registration and go in to the website and print it out. Just one other probably stupid question.Today i received some red number plates from biprovningen-i guess these are temporary plates until i pass the kontrolbesiktning. I have 2 questions really. First, am i allowed to drive the car before the besiktning on these plates and second where abouts should i mount them-they are standard size(ie fit fine onto a normal car, but i dont think i can put them on the mx without drilling some nasty holes in the mx5-any ideas.
      thanks again for your help with this

Comment

Somebody with a 1990 could leave their registrationnumber here..

EDIT: i found a number that was posted here on the forum. FSU 003 is a MX-5 from -1990. It does have the same weight as my 1991

The red plates are temporarly and can be used 3 months. The can allow full or limited use on the road.

"Limited use" allows only to drive the car to Bilprovningen for its final registration! Limited use is given when the original registrationpapers were not send with the application to Transportstyrelsn! Unlimited use means that it can be used as a normal car. Dont forget the ensurance..

Limited= begränsad
        Unlimited=obegränsad

If they dont fit you kan strap the rear one behind the seat, headsupport! The one in front you can put in the lower inside of the Windscreen if i doesent fit. If the Police like this i dont know, but you can blame the size. When going to the final registration do ask for the small plates, both front and rear! Afterwards it will be difficult/impossible to get them..

You find more here (in Swedish again...)

Last edited by Peter Sandström; 2009-08-08, 17:10.
        Jobbåka: Mercedes GLC 300d AMG, - 21
        Retrosport: SAAB Sonett V4-68 #950, US-spec, Sonett Blue..
        Blårökåka: SAAB 96 GT750, -60, Pärlgrå trubbnos i originalskick..
        Cabbe: SAAB 900s classic - 94 Lågmilare I nyskick från USA.
        Kombi: SAAB 95 B Deluxe - 64, en ägare. Rostfri Norrlandsbil.
        Vinter: SAAB 96 V4 - 75b. Retro rally för bilorientering.

Comment

mazda eunos kerb weight

thanks again Peter-
          yes if anybody has imported and registered a 1990 MX5 eunos (we call them grey imports) -imported from Japan) it would be great to have the specific details from them or a registration plate number so that i can get the info from transportstyrelsen and use this at the registrationbesiktning. Otherwise hopefully i can use a range of 1990 cars and show that they are all the same total weight
          best regards and thanks again Peter
          Tim

Comment

miata eunos catalytic converter law in sweden-help

Hi Peter-and thanks again for all your help with the previous posts. I have now had my registration besiktning and unfortunately the car failed...big time. Everything was fine with the car until the inspector told me that it needed a cat (katalysator). The car is a 1990 model and in the UK (where the car came from-although the eunos was originally imported from japan)pre 1992 cars are allowed to have their cats removed. Anyway the inspector also kindly informed me that the car was too loud (which is probably true) and that the PPM and lambda were both too high. I wrongly assumed that i could sort this out with a quick trip to bilteema (to get their standard cat) and a little welding. However, on checking out the emissions i now find that although the car is rather quiet (but still reasonably quick) and of course now has a cat, the PPM and lambda are still too high. Does sweden have a rule similar to the UK. The inspector said that if the car was manufactured with a cat is must have a cat (i think it probably was). Also any clues on how to lower lambda and PPM. The car is fitted with special exhaust manifolds and a KandN air filter system-if i have to mess with these I will be very very sad!!!.
            thanking everyone in anticipation of any response
            Tim

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Ta bort  
            x
            eller Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
            x
            x
            Avancerade alternativ
            Rendering Options

Lägg fem till 7, vad har du nu?

Working...
            X